"Our aim at Ruaraka Academy is to develop all rounded pupils within a caring community, and also to impart in them values and skills."
To prepare an all round child in body, intellect, spirit and society” – Luke 2:52
Who we are
Ruaraka Academy was established in January 1988 in a rented residential house situated behind the Safari Park hotel, off Thika highway. In 1995, the school relocated to spacious grounds in Thome area. Today, it comprises of the Kindergarten (Baby, middle, and pre-primary classes) and Primary (grade 1 to class 8) sections.
Our aim at Ruaraka Academy is to develop all rounded pupils within a caring community, and also to impart in them values and skills that will enable them to:
- Be people of integrity who are able to think independently and make good choices in school and beyond
- Be confident and value themselves and others regardless of the differences they have
- Develop a solid educational base and achieve excellent results which will enable them to move on to higher education and become self-reliant adults
- Develop a sense of service so that they contribute to the society willingly
- Be tolerant and respectful of other people’s beliefs, cultures, ideas and differences, helping them fit in the integrated community within and out of school.
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
—2 Corinthians 9:8 NLT
At Ruaraka Academy, we believe that God blesses us so we can bless others.
We give back to the community by supporting the Diabetes annual walk. Each year we raise funds as a school and take part in the event. Through this, we encourage the pupils to be generous givers and to help those in need like the children who live with diabetes.
We have a neighbourhood association with PAC University and USIU, and we work together in sponsoring needy children in the community.
What we stand for
At Ruaraka Academy, we are guided by Strong Christian principles that provide a firm foundation for all pupils as they embark on their educational journey from kindergarten to primary level. We believe in and emphasise in an excellent and holistic education structure for all pupils irrespective of where they are from, ability or creed.
Benefits of Ruaraka Academy
- Excellent academic performance
- Stress-free program (children are dropped home by 5.00 p.m.)
- Spacious playing field
- Limited class sizes
- Safe and pleasant surroundings under CCTV surveillance
- Reliable school transport with a fleet of eight buses
- Nutritious balanced school lunches prepared in the school kitchen
- Computer classes with Wi-Fi connection
- Pastoral care and mentorship programs
Range of co-curricular activities includes:
- Music club
- Dance club
- Drama club
- Art club
- Scouts movement
- Wildlife club
- Environmental club
- 4K club
- Home Science club
- Football club
- Roll Ball Skating
- Bible club
- A neighbourhood association with PAC University and USIU